Sunday, March 29, 2009

Twitter--Book of the Day

Each day, since January 4, 2009, I have posted a cookbook of the day on Twitter. With all of my cookbooks surrounding me as I go about my daily activities, I thought that there ought to be a way to not leave them idle day in and day out. I thought that posting a daily cookbook recommendation would be a way to remind people about the books they may already have, or perhaps introduce them to ones they hadn't heard of before.

Limited to 140 characters, I structure the posts like this:

Bookoftheday:The LL Bean Book of New New England Cookery, Judith & Evan Jones (Random House,1987). Nasturtium & chervil salad, Boiled dinner

Or:

Book of the day: Williams-Sonoma Desserts by Annabel Langbein (Free, 2006). Arranged by color, gorgeous pics. Minted green tea jellies

The former cataloger in me feels compelled to give imprint data so people have a sense of where in culinary history the book resides, and to give them information to figure out better how to acquire the book, or how to find it in a library.

Not one to feel swelled by having followers for following's sake on Twitter, I decided to protect my updates, but I accept follows from anyone who has a critical mass of posts and shows signs of being a real person who I might want to know in the 3-dimensional world. If you are interested in receiving Twitter updates from me, please send a request. I go by Cooksbakesbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment